Leadership Ethics in Tomorrow’s Generation
Tom Lauda has a strong personal commitment to how the next generation of leaders will develop. It is based on a heartfelt caring for preparing young people for future leadership responsibilities. All of Lauda’s activities at business schools internationally are rooted in this personal caring of Tom Lauda. His primary concern is facilitating an authentic, dynamic outlook on leadership that lets young potential leaders intelligently experiment with “leading others” and acquire advantageous skills.
Encouraging the development and enhancement of positive personal ethics is central – with both its mental and emotional components. Being in tune with the new generation’s unique spirit is important to Tom Lauda’s teaching. After all, it will be out of that very spirit that a new wave of capable and great leaders will arise. Tom Lauda’s refreshing style, candidness and unorthodox views have made him a favorite lecturer with many students.
Tom Lauda’s Teaching Activities
Dr. Lauda’s academic teaching record includes:
- UCLA, University of California in Los Angeles, Anderson Business School
- Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management
- Fordham University, Graduate School of Business Administration
- Vienna University of Economics & Business Administration
- University of St. Gallen
- University of Geneva (HEC)
- University of Sydney, Graduate School of Business
- University of Western Australia, Graduate School of Management
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Art Center College of Design, Pasadena/Los Angeles
- Diplomatic Academy of Vienna
- Monterey Institute of International Studies.
“Tom is an exceptional teacher. The students responded very positively to his MBA course, which was demanding and well structured. Under Tom’s direction, the students improved their practical team work significantly and he also had a marked influence on their learning effectiveness.” – Murray Wells, Dean, GSB, University of Sydney
“Dr. Lauda has been essential in forming a unique team at our Strategic Management Department which works closely with the for-profit industry. Even years after his work with a group of professors, researchers and assistants the ‘spirit’ within the group can still be felt and keeps producing outstanding results, both for the academic and the business world.” – Rolf Eschenbach, Head of Department of Strategic Management, Vienna University of Economics
“In many years of collegial association and joint effort with Tom Lauda I view him as very effective and persuasive, especially in the development of high-performance teams and relationship management among leaders. I respect both his knowledge and his ability to transform this knowledge into effective practice.” – Fred Massarik (1926-2009), Professor, Human Resources, Human Systems, Anderson School of Management, UCLA